Observation Simulator (ObsSIM) – Powered by FreeFlyer
a.i. solutions is now offering a unique new capability with ObsSIM Solutions, to generate simulated space surveillance sensors observations. ObsSIM produces physics-based observation data powered by FreeFlyer®, simulating the ground and space-based sensors of the US Space Surveillance Network (SSN) and commercial sensor networks. Modeled physical limitations include solar lighting constraints, range constraints, sensor slew rates and sensor dwell times.
ObsSIM models customized maneuvers and other on-orbit events for Resident Space Objects (RSOs). When ObsSIM simulated data is combined with genuine commercial observation data it can be used to drive realistic testing, training, and exercise scenarios in a virtual over live construct.
ObsSIM data is published in real time to Space Force’s Unified Data Library (UDL) where government and commercial customers can subscribe to the data.
ObsSIM Solutions Key Benefits and Features
From future mission design and analysis to automated operations for tomorrow’s mega-constellations, FreeFlyer can be utilized in multiple ways to bring value to any space company or organization.
- Over 100 ground and space-based sensors currently modeled
- Simulated observations for an unlimited number of RSOs
- Customized on-orbit events to support testing, training, and exercises
- Scenarios can repeat at customer designated frequencies
- Sensors can be turned on or off depending on the scenario
- Customer defined sensor can be modeled and added
- Observation data available via the UDL