Welcome to FreeFlyer.
Your guide to the best, most reliable astrodyamics software begins here.
FreeFlyer Use Cases
From future mission design and analysis to automated operations for tomorrow’s mega-constellations, FreeFlyer can be utilized in multiple ways to bring value to any space company or organization.
- Model the full life cycle of a mission, from launch and orbit insertion to on-orbit operations and de-orbit
- Perform trade studies to optimize mission design for constellations, sensor coverages, maneuver burn sequences, and more
- Automate real-time or non-real-time orbit determination for any number of spacecraft simultaneously
- Model potential space conjunctions and analyze data trends
- Perform human-in-loop BMC2 and wargaming scenarios
- Create live telemetry-fed FreeFlyer visualization displays to run 24/7 in Mission Operations Centers
- Scale large computational jobs on HPC systems with multi-threading
FreeFlyer Deployment Options
FreeFlyer can be utilized in multiple unique ways depending on individual mission or project needs.
FreeFlyer Desktop Application
This is classic FreeFlyer. Here, users can create new space mission simulations, called “Mission Plans,” through a combination of GUIs and/or FreeFlyer’s powerful native scripting language. Users can run Mission Plans locally, view outputs, change user preferences, connect with other external tools like MATLAB, and much more.
FreeFlyer Runtime API
The FreeFlyer runtime API allows users to embed the FreeFlyer executable engine into external custom applications. Here, the logic control, multi-threading, and task execution can all be controlled from the host application. The FreeFlyer runtime API supports integration into applications written in C, C++, C#, Java, MATLAB, and Python.
FreeFlyer is available in a variety of license types to meet individual user requirements and budgets, including:
- Fixed machine use (node-locked) or floating use (network server or USB dongle)
- Perpetual licenses or annual license subscriptions
- Full desktop application + API or API-only
- Windows (Windows 7+) or Linux (RedHat 6.5+) deployments